a watermelon of about 1 kg
3 heaped tablespoons corn starch
2-3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon orange liqueur
1 bar of dark chocolate
handful of pistachios[/vc_column_text][vc_custom_heading text=”recipe” use_theme_fonts=”yes” el_class=”beheadings”][vc_column_text el_class=”food-description”]
- Halve the watermelon and spoon out the flesh, discarding all the seeds, and pulse in a blender or food processor until smooth. Strain into a bowl using muslin, cheesecloth, or fine sieve. Skim the foam off the juice. Measure half a litre.
- In a small heavy-based saucepan, whisk the starch and sugar with some of the watermelon juice until completely dissolved. Gradually add the remaining juice, stirring constantly.
- Increase the heat all the way and boil the mixture, then reduce again and cook for a few more minutes. Stir constantly as it thickens, as if cooking vanilla pudding.
- Rinse 5 moulds with cold water and divide the pudding among them. When cooled down, refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Chop the chocolate and pistachios finely. Place a chilled dessert plate over the mould, invert, and tap to release. Sprinkle with the chocolate and pistachios.